Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sick boy

 

 

The plan for today was to hang out in the morning and then go to the pool this afternoon, but well plans changed when we got up. Jack had crawled in bed with me after Chad had left for PT this morning and he felt warm, but well it's hot here so I didn't think much of it, plus I was pretty out of  it. We get up and he cuddles up against me and he's burning up! I take his temp and it was 102.4. I am not a mom that rushes to the hospital, especially for a fever knowing that it's our bodies way of fighting off what ever nastiness is happening in there so he's been laying down, cuddling with me, and watching movies off and on throughout the morning.

Jacob got to go swimming though. It's not his fault Jack's sick so the friend we were going to go with took Jacob with her and he'll be home in about 2 hrs. Jack's finally napping on the couch. I took his temp again around 1:00 and it was up a little more to 102.8. He said his tummy feels kind of funny, but not bad! So not sure exactly what that means for him...but I'm keeping an eye on him and hoping that the fever breaks soon.

I'm NOT giving him anything as of right now other than water. I don't believe in masking fevers with tylenol and motrin. He's not in pain and he has still founds giggles throughout the morning and plenty of smiles so although he's uncomfortable he's not completely miserable. If it goes higher into the 103 I'll be dosing him up. When he gets up I'm planning on giving him a luke warm bath to see if that helps, but that's it. I believe our bodies are more capable of getting rid of junk than we often give them credit for!

 

 

              

 

The boys are so rarely sick and I'm just so truly thankful for that. I have to say having him so "content" to stay on the couch isn't a completely bad thing. He's normally all over the place running here and there pulling out toys galore. I wish he wasn't sick, but he is and I've enjoyed some nice cuddle time with my little guy. He did inform us when Chad was home after his physical therapy that he wants Mac-N-Cheese for dinner. Chad's going to grill some brats and I'll make the mac-n-cheese (homemade). Oh and Jack said he wanted bread too! ;) I'd say if that's as "demanding" as he gets when he's not feeling good, we're doing pretty good! I will say I'm glad that if he's getting something it happens now vs in 2 1/2 weeks when it's time for the baby to be born. Get it done and over with now so when she's born and ready to come home we're all healthy!

I'm thinking of going and taking a nap with my little guy!

Have I mentioned how comfy our new furniture is??? Oh I need to take pictures of it now that we have the living room all set up too! Might do that tonight!

God Bless

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope he feels better soon and the rest of you don't catch it! :)

Janis

Anonymous said...

I hope Jack's fever breaks soon and he gets back to normal.  You seem to have a good handle on how to deal with this so I'm sure you will make sure he is on the mend or off to a doctor to be checked if need be.  You don't need to catch anything yourself with your coming to full term in a couple of weeks.  Good luck Christy.
Sam

Anonymous said...

sick child on the new untreated furniture - BRAVE!!  And I'm thinking if whatsherface can name her daughter Apple you should go with Persimmon!  yeah, that's it!

Anonymous said...

I hope Jack feels better soon - its not fun having sick kids, I know I feel so helpless.  Leene

Anonymous said...

I agree with not masking things with the tyenol!!  Hope he feels better soon!
Becky

Anonymous said...

hope Jack feels better soon.


Deb

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your little guy is sick. Your right though better to be done with it now before the baby comes. Wishing you love and peace! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making a fine,kind comment to my friend, Carolyn on her latest blog post. We are both an encouragement to each other and share thoughts and ideas often.
Please consider visiting my won AOL BLOG POST some time soon.


Tom Schuckman                                                                                                                  
Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 1968-70                      
http://journals.aol.com/tschuckman/OldSoldierToms.Journal/
"Iron Sharpens Iron" -- Proverbs 27:17
                 
"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the TRUTH ? ---Galatians 4:16


Anonymous said...

God bless, heal and comfort!  -  Barbara