Thursday, July 5, 2007

Real and Raw

I was nominated by Gretchen for the rockin blogger girl and I will be doing that, but later. One of the blogs I will be nominating is Emily's, but well it's simply not appropriate to put her in that category right now. She's always had an amazing blog, she doesn't blog constantly but when she does it makes you think. She wrote last night one of the most powerful entries I've ever read. I can attest to everything she's written and I have a feeling so can Kelly.

PLEASE go and read Emily's words, and remember that if you comment she's 7 days out from her baby girl going home to Heaven. Be gentle with your words. If you have nothing kind to say, keep it to yourself. This is what Grieving is, it's not pretty. It's more than anyone can imagine. I also think there's different types of grieving. How we grieve for a pet is one way. How we grieve for a parent is another. How we grieve for a sibling or other realitive again another. How we grieve for a child is again on a whole other level. Don't compare your grief to hers or for that matter anyone elses. Every single person's grief is different. I can assure you though that with the loss of a child, you lose so much more than you ever think of. You lose the child that you love, you also lose those dreams that at times you don't even realize you had for them....

Emily-Really Living here's her blog. Take the time to read her words, pray for her, and know that her hearts broken.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for Emily...

Anonymous said...

I went by and left a comment. I'm continuing to keep her and her family in my prayers on the smoke! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Really praying for her.  Unimagineable what she is feeling.  My heart is overwhelmed for her.  Taking this girl's burdens straight to our Father.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WishingandHoping/

Anonymous said...

Keeping them in my prayers always...
I left her a message on caringbridge yesterday...
her writing just touches your soul...such an inspiration!

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine.  May the Lord give them strength.  Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Keeping Kelly in my prayers...and many hugs to you to get this message out...love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

So sorry this kind of pain has to strike. My thoughts and prayers will go up for those who have suffered! Thank you for wanting to continue with my reads - I have added you! Take care and may God bless you and yours always!
Katie

Anonymous said...

I will go by and visit Emily. I must say just reading this made me cry because you are so right I have never lost any of my children, other than miscarriages and that's not the same, I could never imagine healing. My grandson is my heart outside my body and if anything ever happened to him I know I would die myself. Same goes for my children. I read Gretchen's journal and her strength is so amazing to me, she continues on because she still has a husband and family, but that family will never be the same and she deals with that. She is the one who got me into doing Thankful Thursday as she did many others. I'm sure that Emily is just as wonderful a person herself. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Take care, Chrissie
http://journals.aol.com/nay0114/almost-paradise-ii/