Sunday, July 8, 2007

Fishing and Camping

                   

 

Well yesterday was the day of the big camping trip for Chad and the boys. He took our two boys and two of our friends who's husband's are currently deployed, their boys. So 4 boys in total. In Germany it's VERY expensive to get a fishing lisence so we're really blessed that one of Chad's soldiers is married to a German woman and her brother has a pond. Since it's private property as long as he (the owner) is there they can fish! They left yesterday about 3:30, it's about 45 minutes away and then the fun began! ROFL Come on you can all imagine 1 man and 4 boys ranging from 3 (Jackson) to 7 yrs old (2 of them are 6). They all caught fish, found snails and snail shells, ran through the woods, and the funnest part...stayed up until 2:30 AM! ROFL! Jacob was up at 5:30 am singing "Scooby Doo, Scooby Doo, it's time to go fishing with you"! ROFL! Chad couldn't believe the child was up that early. All of them were up by 6 am and fishing! LOL

 

                                                                                                 

 They all found out what itch weed is! They all at one point got their lines caught in the tree's and weeds, at one point B got S's fishing line caught in a tree and then managed to lose the pole in the pond, so Chad had to get on his stomach and get the pole out of the pond before it sank!

 

 

                

 

Since getting home and until Jacob got into the shower he's talked nonstop...for about 30 minutes! LOL Oh and they caught carp, and "that's all we caught, just big carp" lol! They can't wait to go again and Jacob said they want to go next weekend! Oh and they want ME to go! ROFL HA it's not happening! Can't you just picture me, almost 9 months pregnant sleeping on the HARD ground since our airmattress has a hole in it! Sounds absolutely delightful doesn't it! hehe! Maybe another time! LOL Like when we get another airmattress (we do have one, but you plug it in to fill it up).

 

 

                  

 

 

Chad took my camera so when he brings it up here later I'll go through and post some pictures! Ultimately they had a great time. B is actually coming over here later to play, I guess 26 or 27 hours together just isn't enough! LOL Jacob just got out of the shower, so once he's dressed he's going to start cleaning up the playroom before B gets here!

 

 

                    

 

So where's Jack? He's sleeping! Still in his pj top and sweat bottoms, because Chad said he didn't want to get dressed! He's so dirty. It actually grosses me out that he's in bed filthy, but well the sheets will wash I guess! Jack in the few words he said after hugging me was he had fun and missed me! (ahhh!)

 

                     

 

So what did I do yesterday? Bobbie (B's mom) and I went shopping! We went downtown and shopped...we were gone from about 11:00 and got back into the van to head home at a little after 6 pm! To say we were both exhausted (and her sweet baby girl) is to say the least! I had to sit quite a few times between getting overheated and back hurting, but it was so much fun! I got the baby and the boys some clothes, everything clearanced or on sale. I got me a plain grey tank top (nothing special, but something). I also bought myself 3 baskets! They're all hand made and oh so cheap! Unlike in the states you can get good quality baskets here for very little! I'll have to take pictures, once my camera's up here! One is going into the bathroom for magazine's. I don't know exactly what I'll be doing with the other two, but well I love them!

Bobbie took me to a store, Honer's that has CHEAP baskets (it's where two of them came from) and I think some Christmas presents this year will be baskets! They had all kinds of sizes and shapes so hopefully I can find some cute ones to mail to people! :) The prices on them were just unbelievable! Oh I do love me some bargains!

 

 

                       

 

Oh I also watched movies last night and today!! Last night I watched Music and Lyrics with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. It was cute. Not winning any awards but it was an easy watch! Then today I watched Devil Wears Prada. That was good! I definately enjoyed it.

Well...have a great day! I'll hopefully have another entry later with pictures of the wild men! LOL

                             

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gee, Jacob talking non-stop - what a shock!!  Some days don't you wonder if Whittier Colleen will even learn how to talk...she won't be able to get a word in edgewise :-D

Anonymous said...

LOL What a fun entry this was to read! That was too cute waking up to the Scooby Doo song. Your husband is awesome letting the boys by boys and having fun with them in the process. I can't wait to see your pics. of the baskets. I love it when they look rough like the material they where made with, twigs, branches. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great "man and little man" time was had!  Memories .... it's all about the memories!

I agree with you about not wanting to sleep on the ground.  When I was prego with Lacie, I went to a woman's retreat 7 months prego.  My friend was 6 months prego and we couldn't sleep in the cabin 'cause there was a woman who snored louder than I've EVER heard anyone snore.  We took our sleep bags and mattress and took them outside ...  I'd never been more uncomforable in my life!  And Lacie wouldn't stop kicking the WHOLE time!!

LORI

Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds like such a great time!!!!  The boys must have had an absolute ball...and it sounds like you did too!!  Nothing like a little R & R (and shopping and movies!) to make a pregnant woman feel refreshed and rejuvenated!!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend...
Can't wait to see pics
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the boys all had a great time and yes the sheets will wash!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Love when the daddy takes the kids for a while.  And that they had a blast is even better!  2:30am!!!  They were keeping your hours!  LOL
Traci

Anonymous said...

It sure was nice to read about the boys having such a good time. Those trips can be dirty, but the memories will last a lifetime!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
This is my first time visiting your journal we apparently know a lot of the same people in Jland I see a lot of names I know, but I saw your link and decided to take drop by for a visit. Your family is gorgeous. Wow and you're expecting a baby. Looks like I came by just in time hehehe I'm a grandma to a 2yr boy and I love kids. So you all are stationed in Germany from what I can tell. I'll have to look back and see if you post pictures. Never been to Germany.
The fishing sounds awesome. I love camping and fishing (just don't like to touch the bait and fish LOL), but anyways. I know the boys were so excited. Can't wait to see the pics. I think it's cute they were so excited they never slept lol on daddy.
Glad you got some girl time and some rest. You better get what you can now.
Take care, Chrissie