Sunday, July 15, 2007

Post 1 of Sunday (get ready Kelly)

Because Kelly just Loooooves when I make multiple posts in one day I'm warning her ahead of time so no whining to me! LOL

We got back after 2 AM last night from a fun, but excrutiatingly LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day at Legoland. It's in Southern Germany and via train took us 3 1/2 hrs to get there and coming home oh my goodness. The train was delayed 5 minutes when we got to the train station in Grunzbug I think that's the name of the town Legoland's in (I'll double check later on our train ticket). We then got on another train a few towns later and it was running 4 minutes late, ok so now we're running 9 minutes late. Every place we got was running just a few minutes late. When we finally get to Nurnburg we had to catch a stupid bus that would take us to our next train to take us home. In a blessing the bus was waiting for us and well everyone else and we waited on the bus for a good 20 minutes and we were already 10 minutes past the time the bus SHOULD have left...so we're talking 30 minutes. We get to Erlangen and it's saying the train home was on a 30 minute delay, so we sit there on the platform and wait our 30 minutes and the train comes and THEN we get told it's delayed ANOTHER 30 minutes! The train left for home at 1 am. We get home, we get in our respective taxi's because the city bus are not running at that horriblely late time thankfully the taxi's are too expensive from the station to the post. Then we walked the 4 or so blocks home.

The perk of my day...contractions and breath taking ones and I even got to them being 5 minutes apart for about 2 hrs! To say I was starting to get a little worried is to put it lightly, and add on that I'm physically and mentally EXHAUSTED so the thought that I'd have to go to the hospital was about the last thing I wanted. Plus I'm only 35 weeks and I am NOT ready personally and want this girl to be as ready and completely developed (lungs) as possible.

I have pictures that I'll download later. We're off to the pool...it's in the 90's and getting warm in here. When we get home the A/C is coming on!

 

Ta-ta!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh the pool...I so wish I was in the pool......

kelly

Anonymous said...

Wow it does sound like a long day, I'm glad you had fun though.  Never good to get contractions when you're far from home and 5 weeks from delivery, glad they stopped.  Can't wait to see pics.  Leene

Anonymous said...

have a good Sunday:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

It's supposed to get hot here again this week.  I wish it would just give us some nice temperate summer days for more than 3 days at a time!!  And if you're going to the pool I take it the contractions have stopped for a while?  I'm tellin' ya, it was just Lindsey Marie complaining about the train ride :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh you better take it easy for a little while!!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

A long afternoon at the pool sounds perfect after a long trip. I'm looking forward to the Legoland pictures, as I've never seen something like that before. (It IS Lego toys we're talking about, right? :) )

Anonymous said...

can't wait for the Legoland pics
Becky

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH contractions!!!!!!  The train ride would be relaxing though...