Tuesday, July 24, 2007

2 years!

 

 

I realized today that yesterday marked 2 yrs since the boys and I arrived in Germany. In so many ways I can't believe it's been two years and yet in so many ways it feels like we've been here longer. I love living here...it's home for us right now. I just feel that we're SUPPOSED to be here.

 

 

                       

 

 

God has truly been so gracious to us to allow us to return to Germany after everything has happened in our lives. For those who don't know, we were at a different Army post, but in Germany when Jordyn was dx with Leukemia. She was treated at a German hospital for 6 weeks until it was safe for her to fly and then off we began the next part of our lives back in the states. Chad and I both loved our short time in Germany (we were only here for 6 months before she was dx...well Chad was here longer but he'd been deployed so he was here over a year by the time he actually left). Anyways....we prayed that God would bring us back here and he has. Different base, but so wonderful. God's graced me with some of the most wonderful friends here in our community. We just truly feel at peace here.

When he leads us back home to the states I know it'll be time, but I pray we're here for 4 more years (we have 1 more year of this enlistment and we really want to stay an additional 3 yrs). If it's in his will then we will get to stay. We still have so many places to see and explore!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh never mind - you already made another post :-P

Anonymous said...

Congrats:) i bet it is pretty over there

Deb

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to stay for longer if that is what you would like to do!  How are you feeling?  your getting so close.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy- I'm glad you're happy and Blessed where you are.  It would be neat to be able to live over there- or at least be there for a couple of years and travel all around.  I would love to see the mountains- and my Dad had business in Frankfurt and Heidleburg years ago and the pictures He took were so pretty.  God Bless you all where ever you are!  Carolyn :)

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary in Germany!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was written in the heavens for you to be there. Happy Second Anniversary of your life in Germany! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that you have gotten to live there that long. Hope you get to enjoy all the places you wanna see. Have a great day.
Take care, Chrissie