Saturday, March 24, 2007

It's a gloomy looking Saturday here in Germany. Chad just left for the gym. Jacob has a friend over for the day. His mom and I are really good friends and her dad is visiting. She let Sean choose if he wanted to stay with us or go with her. They went to where her dad used to be stationed all those years ago when he was stationed here in Germany.

The boys (and Chad) all went to wrestling practice this morning, which oh I do enjoy my 1 1/2 hr break. Jacob decided to "show off" while there and so when they got home Chad and him had a 30 minute talk! Fun times, fun times! LOL

Jacob and Jack are both going to be playing baseball this year. Jacob will be playing tball again and Jack will be in, instructionals. Chad's going to be Jack's headcoach and he's going to be the assistant coach for Jacob's team. Both boys are excited to be playing (for Jacob again). Chad went and picked up everything for them and him yesterday and the boys had to try on their shirts and caps as soon as they got home! LOL I need to download the pictures of them from last night so I can share! ;)

Spring break for the public school is the week of April 10 and Chad's unit is offering liberal leave (meaning anyone that's not completely essential can take leave) so Chad's thinking of taking some leave so we can do some traveling. We've discussed heading over to Prague. It's about a 4 hr drive so we could go over night and enjoy the sites for the first day, get up the next morning do some more sight seeing and then head home or do 2 nights. I'm also wanting to go up to Weisbaden, see friends of ours, go to the furniture store up there (like we were wanting to do last weekend). I really would like to find a shrunk or entertainment center before my parents come. I can't stand the piece of junk we have and it's time to say goodbye to it and get a nice peace of actual wood!

I have another entry I'm going to write up after this. Today is the birthday of our friend Matthew who moved back to Florida last month and it's Cindy and Jim's anniversary, but for our family it's something less joyous.

So...I'm off to work on that entry. Pray I can not cry too much.

 

Oh Monday's Chad and I's 10th anniversary! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you caught that break for 1 1/2 hours. Lets you gather your thoughts for a while. Enjoy today as best you can.

I'll pray that you don't cry too much. I know it's a tough time.

Happy Anniversary Monday

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your break today - I can't wait to see pics of the kids.  Madi played tball and it was so fun to watch so I know you'll love watching Jacob and Jack.  Your little overnight trip sounds like alot of fun - I can't imagine how great it must be to live in Germany and be able to go exploring.  I have to ask what's a shrunk?  I'm not sure if its a type and you mean trunk or a piece of furniture I haven't heard of.  I'm keeping you, Chad and the boys in my prayers.  Leene

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a typical weekend!  Do go see some sights you haven't seen before.  Life is for doing things you haven't done before!
Traci