Saturday, March 31, 2007

It's a New Day

It's a new day today and it's beautiful. I'm guessing it's in the 60's. The guys aren't home from wrestling yet, but should be soon, then we're off to enjoy the festitivies here on post. April is the Month of the Military Child. They always do a celebration. BBQ, Jump House, Bull Riding, Arts, and Crafts, etc. So I'm ready for them to get home! Last night when Chad got home we went and released 9 balloons celebrating Jordyn's 9th birthday and had 9 flowers tied to them. Jacob picked out a Red Rose, Jack a Yellow Rose, me a Pink Rose, and Chad picked the Purple and White Carnation (purple was her favorite color). We then went out to eat at a Greek Restuarant that's just down the road from us. It was WONDERFUL. All 4 of us enjoyed our meals, the atmosphere was wonderful. We came home and I jumped in a shower, then the boys got ready for bed and Chad and I relaxed for a while.

I found this little survey over at My life as a transplanted Yankee (Traci's).

 

The Childhood Meme

1. Are you a child of the 70s, 80s, or 90s?

I was born in '77 so most of my childhood was the 80's

2. Where were you born?

Small town in Kansas

3. What kind of home did you grow up in?

My parents rented for a few years...from 2nd-5th we lived in a huge house then my parents built a house that they sold to my grandma when they built a new house when Jordyn was a baby.

4. Did you enjoy your childhood?

Yes

5. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A Doctor or teacher and always a mom!

6. What do you want to be now?

A good mom, wife, and Godly woman

7. What was your first best friend's name?

Jackie 

8. Is she still your friend? 

No, when we lived in Tx and I was in Kindergarten...never kept in touch after we moved

9. Can you name all the schools you ever attended?

No, I went to 5 different kindergartens..but I can name the schools I went to once we moved home to Ks...Mayetta Elementary, Colorado and Central Ele (both in the same town..one is K-3) and the other is (K,4&5), then Hol** middle school and High school

10. Were you closer to your mom or dad as a kid?

I guess my mom.

11. What was the first record, tape or CD you remember buying?

Michael Jackson: Thriller (lol)
12. How old is a good age to have kids?

when you're READY...I was 20 when I got pg with Jordyn and was more than ready, but I've met some  late 30 early 40 yr olds who have no business being a parent.

13. Are you scared of anything? something happening to Chad or our children



14. What was your favourite class in elementary school?

in elementary

15. Did you buy school lunch or bring your own?

mostly bought although did bring sometimes

16. Broken any bones or had any freaky accidents as a kid?

just some scars from bike wrecks or taming wild cats! :)

17. Were you a mean kid?

Not at all

18. Favourite boardgame of all time?

I love monopoly
 
19. Did you play house or pretend to be a super hero?

Played house and cars with my brother
20. Seriously, are you still just a kid at heart?

about 30%, should be more!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Love the survey!  It sounds like a nice way of celebrating Jordyn yesterday.  Leene

Anonymous said...

Great survey :)
What a beautiful tribute to your daughter! I'm glad you all had a good dinner :)

Hugs,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking!  I love the memes!  I like the taming wild cats comment!
Traci