Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Storm's A Brewin'

It rained earlier this evening, when we went outside we were out there for about 30-45 minutes and then it started raining and it came down fast and hard and lasted about 15 or 20 minutes. What's funny is we were talking about how much we missed thunderstorms. The other mom I was talking to is also from the midwest. Germany doesn't get a lot of true Thunderstorms. They get quite a bit of rain, just not actual thunder and lightening! Well we GOT a thunderstorm today and we have another one coming in. The wind is really blowing and the thunder has started and I "Think" I just saw lightening, but not sure, because it was from the side...so I'm going to get off of here. I swear the temp as dropped a good 10 or 15 degree's in the last 10 minutes! You can SMELL the rain coming in! I love this!!! :)

 

You can take the girl out of the midwest, but you can't take the midwest out of the girl!! :) Night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you - there's nothing better then a good storm ecspecially at night when I'm all bundled up with the family.  I'm glad you're getting some storms and that the temps stay down - are you using the a/c?  Did you get one yet?  Have a god night - stay safe.  Leene

Anonymous said...

Being from Florida- I can identify with your love for thunderstorms- I'll bet the air felt nice and cool after!  We haven't had as many yet so far this year, and it's so HOT!  I am looking forward to getting them regular to cool us down in the evenings!  God Bless you Christy- hope all is well with you and little one!  Carolyn :)

Anonymous said...

hope you slept well

Deb

Anonymous said...

I love rain and thunder storms. Hope you have a good day. ((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

We had terrible storms too...I love them, but only in the safety of my home...not at events..which is where we were at the time.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend...enjoy!!
Hugs,
Joyce