Sunday, April 15, 2007

Zoo and Palm Beach Water Park

Friday we had a great day at the zoo! We had monkey's hanging down from ropes to where people were actually able to touch them, they were rather friendly little guys, who ultimately are used to getting fed by people, although they're not supposed to be. We did NOT feed them, none of us wanted to be part of making them sick. Our next animals to see where what became my favorite because of Jordyn, the giraffe's. Oh our girl loved the giraffe's. I took quite a few pictures of them. There were a couple very young ones, and they were the ones closest to us too! The zoo is a really nice size zoo and I forgot that, it's bigger than I remembered! My pregnant tush was worn out by the time we left! They have a petting zoo and kids park there and I think the kids enjoyed that the most! I think I enjoyed it the most too, while the kids were playing us adults got to sit and rest, which was nice and needed! LOL

Saturday our whole family (Chad too!!) and our friends Tim, Bobbie, Brandon, and baby Destiny all went to Palm Beach, which is a water park about 45 minutes from us! It was so much fun! It's absolute huge! It's an indoor/outdoor water park, most of it's in doors. The pools are heated which was really nice! We were there for over 6 hrs! We got there a little after 3 (I had my hair cut at 12:50 apt was at 12:30 but that didn't happen) and we left at 9:45 well once we were all changed it was after 10 before we pulled out from the parking lot! We got home right at 11 pm! Jack was asleep before we even pulled out of the parking lot and Jacob was asleep about 10 minutes later! We all had so much fun! If any of you are ever in Germany and you're ever in Nurnburg I highly recommend a day at Palm Beach! It's a blast! We have decided we're going to go there once a month. Chad gets a 4 day weekend once a month, so we'll be going there probably on the 4 days, well we will not be going on Friday's, I was told that it's nude day there so we'll skip that day! I personally have no desire to see others without at least a bathing suit on. Trust me seeing some of those women in bikini's who have NO BUSINESS being in one or men in speedo's and NO MAN EVER,EVER,EVER looks good in a speedo...NO MAN! Trust me on that, plenty were in great shape but it still was not pretty. LOL We were in one of the outside pools and there were other American's there and one of the women took a picture of a guy in a speedo, as hard as our little group tried not to we couldn't help but giggleour tushes off!

Today we had a good day. We went to church, commissary headed to the deli to get turkey, ham, and salami then we came home had lunch, and the boys started cleaning up their playroom. Then we headed to the movies and saw Meet The Robinson's. What a good movie! I was moved to tears at the end, very sweet! I do recommend it! We took Brandon with us and all 3 liked it as did Chad and I! We came home and the boys got back to cleaning their playroom, which isn't done but man looks so much better. Chad and I started on the laundry, I actually am about to go down and fold clothes and throw the rest of the clothes into the dryer.

Well that's our weekend! It was really a great weekend!

Oh I also got my hair cut and did take before picture, I'll get an after picture and post those tomorrow probably. It's really short now, really short. I think it's possibly the shortest it's ever been other than when I got it cut insanely short in jr. high! Unfortunately I can't pull it back into a pony tail or anything, but it's long enough that it's on my neck, so I'm going to have to go to the PX and get something to pull it off my neck, because I can't handle it laying on my neck when I get hot!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun weekend:) can't wait to see the pictures

Deb

Anonymous said...

fun fun fun weekend!  i wanna see pictures!

kelly

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Your haircut sounds cute.....can't wait to see the pictures. :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun!  We haven't been to the zoo in a while.  Ours has a huge playground.  
Traci