Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Update on Jacob

I'm so exhuasted, so I hope this makes sense, if not I'll edit it tomorrow. Jacob's knee is better. The swelling is completely gone and he's having no pain what so ever! God is good and gracious.

Today was a busy day. I had PWOC this morning, came home, fed the kids lunch, got my friends daughter down for a nap, who I have just one more day and then B is done working for the summer and if she returns to work, she'll be going to FCC.

B and I then went to the gym. We went to the weight room today. That was great. I LOVE the weight room. Years ago when I was in high school, one of the classes offered was weights. I was very althletic so it was really a great class for me in that deparment, plus kept me very fit. It felt so good to be in there and truly feeling like I was doing something for my body. Cardio just doesn't make me feel that way, well not the same way anyways. Monday we did the eliptical. The plan right now is this: Monday's and Friday's we do cardio and Wed. we do weights. To increase your metabolism and build muscle you have to lift weights, cardio will not cut it. I think this will really make a huge difference for both of us. I've done really well on my snacking the last few days. Today I've had 3 Pepsi's, that's a lot better than normal. Tomorrow my goal is 2.

Tonight B and her kids came over for dinner and she helped me with working on the boys room. It's a mess, so ALL of us cleaned. B noticed a little, inexpensive entertainment center just sitting out, so I went and checked it out, it was in decent shape so we grabbed it and I put it in the boys room. They were given a little tv with a built in dvd player, although I have yet to get movies to actually play on it, so I'm not sure if it'll play American dvd's or not. Anyways, the boys will be allowed to watch ONE movie in there when they have company. I'm actually very anti tv in my kids room, but since we only have the tv in the living room and we're in an apartment we're limited when friends are here and the kids are all friends and want to watch a movie, so this will be nice. It's also just a 13 inch tv, so it's VERY easy for me to remove it. I've told them they will not be allowed to keep the dvd's in their room. Tomorrow I'm planning on cleaning the boys room the rest of the way, so that'll be a nice change.

Ok, well I can't keep my eyes open any longer.

 

God Bless, thank you for the prayers for Jacob, and good night

No comments: