Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Jacob

Tomorrow Jacob has his ultrasound with the cardiologist. I have no doubts that he will be fine, that it will show that it is indeed an innocent heart murmur, but none the less I'm asking for prayers. Jacob is 7 and worried. He has worries on his heart that go far beyond this u/s that I can't get into here, but please pray for peace for his sweet little soul. His "heart" is tender, loving, and so big. He carries so much on his little shoulders. Sometimes I put more on him than he should have and I sometimes forget that he's only 7, although I'm good at reminding him he's only 7. He's growing up, but he's not grown up yet and I want his childhood to be just that, a childhood. Full of laughter, full of being carefree, most of all full of loving JESUS. I don't want him to worry about things that are beyond his control, that he may end up with this or that, or that Daddy may not come home. He's seven. Please pray for him.

Pray for me to be a gentle, while firm mother. That I will stop the yelling and find a softer tone with my children.

I'll update once we're home on how the u/s looks. Pray that they tell me tomorrow!

No comments: