Thursday, June 5, 2008

Goodbye Aunt Shirley

On Sunday Heaven gained one of the most precious women in my life. A woman who told me stories of a Grandmother I never was able to know, who loved me as much as she possibly could, who was a devoting wife, mother, and grandmother to her own. Who until the end came in every Friday and took care of her own mother until her passing. She praised GOD on the day of her husband's funeral as she knew he was with our Lord that day and that one day she'd join him. She gave some of the best hugs I've ever had. She also introduced me to "The Sound of Music"! (The movie).

I had planned to spend a couple days with her when the kids and I went back to the states, I wish so much she could have met Emma. I know she's in Heaven though, with my Great Grandma and Grandpa, her sister and 3 brother's who died before her, and most of all her adoring husband. Please keep her 3 children and her grandchildren and great grandchildren in your prayers, as well as the rest of our family. She has 3 siblings left alive...Uncle Raymond, Aunt Phylis, and Uncle Tom.

 

No comments: