Saturday, May 26, 2007

They're Gone

We took my parents to the airport this morning. It was extremely hard to say goodbye. I thought it'd honestly be easier than it was. The boys did not take it well, and watching them sobbing just made it that much harder for Chad and I. We both were crying anyways, but to see our babies crying just adds to it.

It was a really great visit though. We started off by going to Edelweiss in Garmisch. We visited Schloss Linderof, then the next day we were off to Eagle's Nest in Berchesgarten, Germany. We came home then on Friday we headed to The Netherland's. It was wonderful up there. We went to Keukenhof, which we all loved. We also went to the Noth Sea, which was about 20 minutes from our hotel. We did a little walking around Haarlem where we stayed and it was really beautiful. I was hoping to go to Corrie TenBoom's home, but we just didn't have time. Chad and I want to go back up there. It's a 6 hr drive, but I think that next time we go we can do it in about that amount of time. We did quite a few stops on the way there and on the way home with 6 people.

We had planned on going to Rothenburg odt, but we decided instead to rest. The boys definately needed it and enjoyed the day riding bikes...which btw..Jackson can now officially do! He inherited Jacob's 1st bike and just couldn't get the whole thing about going forward and when he'd try he'd go backwards and of course that's a break...well he has it now and we can't keep the kid off his bike! :)

Tuesday we headed to Triberg, Germany which is in the heart of the Black Forest. It was absolutely beautiful! There is a waterfall there that we walked up and looked at. No description of mine could ever do it justice! The water that was flowing down it was amazing, it was so strong. It's the tallest waterfall in Germany! The city of Triberg is absolutely beautiful. My parents bought a really beautiful coocoo clock and Chad and I found one we really like and plan to go back after the baby is born and get it! We'll look at Grandfather Clocks while we're there too and start putting money back for that.

Jacob's t-ball game got moved from Friday to Wednesday since this is a 4 day weekend. So instead of going to Poland on Wed., my mom and I pushed it back to Friday (yesterday). Jacob had an AWESOME game and told me that he played EXTRA HARD because Mamaw and Papaw were there watching and cheering for him!! It was Jacob's last game. Jack has his last game next Thursday which yours truly will be coaching since our Head coach (Chad) will be home recovering from surgery and probably pretty drugged up, that's my guess! ;) But Jack's game was a blast as well, which was Thursday. Thursday afternoon we took my parents to our 2 local castles. Oh and Wednesday we went downtown so they could get some gifts for friends and family.

Friday my Mom and I got up at 4 am and we left at 5 am and headed to Poland. We got almost there, like literally 1 mile from the town we do our shopping at there was a fatal accident. Thankfully the friends who were following us, the husband asked a truck driver for another way into town and he gave us directions for a back road. We got into town about 11 and started shopping immediately. We left town at about 3:30 and got home in 4 hours!

We sat outside for a good hour, while the boys played. We went upstairs and showed everyone our finds! We got tons and tons of pottery.

We got up this morning at 6 and were on the road by  7 am and got to the airport at 9. We said goodbye for the last time about 10 am.

I'll work on my pictures over the next few days. It's really, really nice here and we plan to spend most of our days outside and at the pool which is open. I'll do it when I have spare moments.

Jacob and I will be picking up back on school, but from here until the baby is born it will be one subject a day. I think we're all just needing a break and we plan on doing some local things so we can do learning that way as well.

Ok time to make dinner.


pixiedustnme said...

sounds like a great visit.  so glad you had fun!  it has been lonely here without you though ;-)

sangrialel said...

I can't wait to see the pictures.  Linda

jckfrstross said...

so glad you had fun:) can't wait to see the pictures:)


deshelestraci said...

That is the worst part of a visit.  The saying goodby.  My kids cry too which makes me cry worse, too!  Hate it.  And we will be doing that too soon here in Iowa.  Glad it was such a nice visit.  

emabecmar said...

the worst part is always the goodbyes. But you have pics and memories, to cherrish. ((((hugs)))))

fairylaura said...

I should be heading there by the second week of June. Lo's passport is still not in. Every time I call the passport office, the woman gives me a real bad attitude. She's rude like you wouldn't believe. I don't understand why. I call and say, "Hello. My name is Laura ____ and I'm checking to see if my daughter's passport is in." She'll say, "I'll call YOU when it's here. It takes 8 to 10 weeks." and hangs up. ARGGGH!!!!
My husband already called and talked to another woman, got her name, and her number, so I'll be dealing with her now. yay! Hopefully soon we'll be there!!!!!


ksgal3133 said...

I'm glad that you all had a nice visit. It's always hard to say goodbye.
Prayers and hugs,

happysunshien said...

oh man i wish I could come see you.....


chevyz71gurl74 said...

So glad the visit was great,
it's never easy saying goodbye =(

xxroxymamaxx said...

I'm glad you had a good time with your parents even though it was hard to see them go.  Sorry it has taken me so long to get here and catch up on whats going on with you.  I planted some Wisteria for Jorden but it's just a little green leaf right now.  This time next year it should be full of pretty purple blooms. :)  Love, Shelly