Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

It's officially Thanksgiving here, since it's after midnight here in Germany. It's hard to believe it's already Thanksgiving. I guess with Chad being gone it just doesn't feel quite right. I had been actually thinking that this would be the first Thanksgiving that Chad and I were spending apart, but it's actually the 2nd. He was in Kuwait in 2001, but was home in time for Christmas...As of last week, I just really had not even realized that THIS WEEK was Thanksgiving, it felt like it was still at least another week away! I guess that's what happens when you're busy with little boys all day and not a lot of people around you are talking about the upcoming holiday because their husband's deployed too, or because their husband's home and they don't want to make you feel sad!

I miss Chad, so much...yet we've been just so completely blessed so far in this deployment because we have webcams and have been able to chat almost every evening or talk on the phone! He was supposed to get online tonight, but didn't end up making it. He did call today though and we got to talk for 21 minutes! :) Wahoo! Of course the boys were napping and so they didn't get to talk to him. I'm sure he'll call or we'll see him (on webcam) tomorrow.

Please keep all the families and soldiers who are not together this year in your prayers and thoughts.

Happy Thanksgiving and don't forget to give THANKSGIVING. Thanking GOD for our Freedom. Thanking GOD for our promise to Heaven when we believe in his son, Christ!

Have a wonderful day!

 

*******I got a question in the comments and thought I'd edit and answer here! :)

Our Battalion is having Thanksgiving dinner for us spouces and I "believe" the soldiers who are left here from OUR unit at the chapel, so we'll be going there for dinner. Each company was assigned something to bring, ours was a veggie, so I'm making green bean casserole! Yummy! :) They are also going to have Santa visit and all the kids will get to sit on his lap and they will be taping each child and then transferring it to DVD and sending it down range so the soldiers get to see their children!!! They're letting the spouces say something too, I'm not sure if it's just the spouces w/o children or if we ALL get to! I'm hoping all of us can, but if not that's ok.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you make a Thanksgiving meal?  Or just go on like it's any other day?    Whatever you do have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Traci

Anonymous said...

By the time Gabby was 4 Michael had missed two Thanksgivings and three Christmas'.   It's a hard life the military one but I am glad you are in good spirits. Happy Turkey Day to you in Germany.

Anonymous said...

Sending a cyber hug your way, Christy. I did pray for you, Chad, his company and all the troops today and will do so tomorrow too. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Lord, please be with Christy, protect her, Lord; help her to see your love for her. In Jesus' we pray, amen.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Christy and how nice the kids will get to see Santa!  Hope ya get to talk to Chad.  I love greenbean casserole!!  Hugs,
Lisa