Sunday, November 14, 2004

Please Come Home Soon

comebacksoon.jpg (18473 bytes)

 

Come Home Soon lyrics
I put away the groceries
And I take my daily bread
I dream of your arms around me
As I tuck the kids in bed

I don't know what you're doin'
And I don't know where you are
But I look up at that great big sky
And I hope you're wishin' on that same
bright star

I wonder, I pray

And I sleep alone
I cry alone
And it's so hard livin' here on my own
So please, come home soon
(Come home soon)

I know that we're together
Even though we're far apart
And I'll wear our lucky penny 'round my neck
Pressed to my heart

I wonder, I pray

And I sleep alone
I cry alone
And it's so hard livin' here on my own
So please, come home soon
(Come home soon)

I still imagine your touch
It's beautiful missing something that much
But sometimes love needs a fighting chance
So I'll wait my turn until it's our turn to dance

I wonder, I pray

I sleep alone
I cry alone
Without you this house is not a home
So please, come home soon

I walk alone
I try alone
I'll wait for you, don't want to die alone
So please, come home soon

Come home soon
Come home soon

Come Home Soon (to hear the song click)

This song is so perfect and I have seen the video so I know it's for military wives. This really describes how I felt when Chad was in Iraq and I know how I'll feel when he goes to Korea.

It's overwhelming to think that he's going to be gone for so long. How does a wife live without her husband for 18 months? How do you parent without your partner for so long? I'm scared. My kids are losing so much. I'm losing so much, and yes even my dh is. I wish by some miracle we could get out of his Korea tour. I hate it. I feel sick when I really sit down and think about it. The loneliness of not having him here was so overwhelming when he was in Iraq and that was only for 9 months, to think it'll be literally twice as long. Sure he'll get to come home for midtour leave and there's even rumors that they may give them 2 leaves since it's for 18 months..but big deal. We'll get just enough time to get used to him being home, for them to rip him out of our home and he'll have to go back. I hate this part of the ARMY. I HATE IT.

I get scared to death thinking of him retiring, but to think that I won't have to worry about him being sent over to some insane country or just far, far, far away.

Since I'm obviously venting here, I am SO sick of people asking me if the boys and I are going to Korea. Asking Why not, when the answer is no, and then telling me how they have met wives who went to Korea with their husbands. Well good for them. 1. I have NO desire to go to Korea, NONE, NOT 1 tiny itty bitty desire or any other Asian country..I just don't want to go there. 2. I can't go, even if I wanted to. His MOS does not allow accompanied tours. I get so sick of people who know about the length of their pinky finger tip on the Military, telling me what I should or shouldn't do..or better yet what THEY would do. HA! If it worked that way, do you think anyone's husband would be going to Korea or anywhere else without their spouces for that matter? Ummm, no! It's the Army, that's life. It doesn't mean I always like it, or want to accept it...but I have no choice.

 

Ok I'm done now. I really feel better! BTW, anyone who actually knows me and is reading this with my knowledge knows I'm not talking about you, but primarily strangers or those I've met or talked to a couple times.

Now it's time for bed. 3 am is really just too late, when you have nursery at church in the morning. Lets hope I only have a few. Thank goodness my helper is one of the sweeties that I really like! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

3AM....see how depressing your thoughts can get when you don't get enough sleep?  ROFL.  We'll cross the Korea bridge together when it gets here.  Try to enjoy the sixth months he's here annoying the crap out of you.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that i know exactly how you feel. Right now my boyfriend is doing his basic training but his drill sargents keep telling him that he will probably go to iraq when he gets out. I dont want to go even if i could but i dont want to lose him either. i miss him so much now and sometimes i get really sad and cry myself to sleep. i am just glad that i am not the only one that feels this way. i I am glad to have seen how you feel. Thanks for that.

Thinking of my baby,
Nikki