Friday, November 5, 2004

In Love With A Soldier

If you're not in love with a soldier, you can't know adventure. You
don't know smelly gray PT uniforms that require a daily washing. You
can't understand green and brown camouflaged bags flooding your
bedroom floor.

If you're not in love with a soldier, you can't understand the
meaning of the phrase "going to the field" and the weeks you spend
away from each other.

If you're not in love with a soldier, you can never imagine the
whole in your heart when that phone call comes "Honey, I am leaving
tomorrow to go overseas. I don't know how long I will be gone or
exactly where I am going, but I want you to know that I love you -
always!"

If you're not in love with a soldier, you don't know what it's like
to say that final good-bye. You don't know what it really means to
be glued to the television. You don't understand fear and you can't
possibly understand the sleepless nights of endless crying wondering
if you will ever see the love of your life alive again.

If you're not in love with a soldier, you can't know the immense
joy, the uncontrollable smile, or the butterflies in your stomach
when you see your soldier march into the family waiting area upon
redeployment. You can't understand the self-control it takes to
stand on the other
side of the room as some higher-up gives a seemingly endless welcome
home speech while all the soldiers stand in formation. You don't
know what it's like to have that second first kiss or what it's like
to
experience puppy love all over.

If you're not in love with a soldier, you can't truly understand how
to make every moment count because you never know when that phone
call may come again.

If you're not in love with a soldier, you can never really
understand how very delicate life is!
      

 

I had this a few months ago and did not put it up. How quickly my mind drifts away from things sometimes. I hope those who read this let it touch their hearts as much as it did mine.

Now onto other things. Tomorrow, well ok so it's already officially "tomorrow" anyways the point is that I'm getting some just ME time. I am going to start scrapbooking! I'm really looking forward to getting started and hope to at least get 2 pages done. Chad's taking the boys for no less than 4 hrs. It will be the longest I have EVER been away from Jackson other than the 1st night of his life when he was swept off to NICU after he was born. I'm looking forward to it, but can't help but be nervous. He'll be with his Daddy, but it's about me as far as how I feel.

I guess we will see. I know this will be good for all of us, well Jackson and me. He's my baby. I'm going to try to just enjoy the quiet time I will have to focus on something I'm so excited to start!

It's supposed to be beautiful here tomorrow so hopefully Chad will take the boys to a park. I must admit I wish I could follow them around video taping them, because I think it'll be hilliarious to see him with both boys. Jacob is easy enough to deal with for the most part, but add on Jackson who's constantly on the go, into everything...you know normal 14 month old little boy. I'm sure he'll come home needing a nap! Sadly he's going to be put to work we're cleaning the living room tomorrow afternoon/evening and moving furniture around! Next week I hope to get to either our bedroom or Jackson's bedroom and get them organized and let them be a calmer place to enter into vs the horror that they are right now! Chad has a 4 day weekend next week(end) so we should be able to get both rooms and maybe even this crazy room organized! Then next will be Jacob's room and just picking through things in the kitchen. Then it'll be upkeep! Then it's time to hit the outside storage! That's what REALLY scares me! But it all MUST be done...wish us luck that we don't get lost in our belongings that neither of us can ever seem to part with! We're packrats...ok I'm feeling rather low now thinking of all this work, so I'll end on a high note and smile that I get to look at my children's faces tomorrow and laugh through some memories! :)

 

No comments: