Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Children's time

Give time to your children each day. The time you give makes the words you speak of more value to them.

Isn't that the truth? I'm guilty of getting caught up in just getting through the day more often than I like. Tomorrow my goal is to just stop and spend that individual time with each of the kids. It'll be a little easier tomorrow since in the afternoon Jackson will be going to hourly care for 2 hrs. Jacob and I will actually be cleaning their bedroom, if Emma is awake I'm going to have my neighbor watch her, I'm hoping she naps for most of it though. When it's just Jacob and I we have the best talks. He's a very intelligent little boy and his heart is so with the Lord that it stuns me at times. I didn't have that at his age. I barely knew who God was, much less such an intimate relationship with him. I'm so happy he has that. I think being a child is hard, being a military kid (please don't ever refer to my kids as "Army Brats" I can't stand that phrase), is even harder, then add in the fact that we live in a different country 1,000 of miles from family. To know that he is confident in the Lord and doesn't doubt that relationship, how thankful I am.

Time is dwindling down and we'll be flying next week! I'm excited. I still have a lot to do. My living room looks really good and my bathroom is great. So tomorrow is going to be a hard working day. I have the gym at 1:30 although I'm going to see if we can move it up to 1:00 instead, if not then I'll have to leave a little early from the gym to get home and take Jack down to hourly, come home and clean the boys room. Tomorrow evening I plan to finish up my room. I am almost done with my laundry, just have towels left to wash. I will have smaller loads, but plan to wait until Saturday to finish, then I want to get my suitcases packed up Sunday and put into the car. I will do one last load Sunday night or Monday morning. Monday evening I am hoping to head to Ramstein. I have to call tomorrow and find out if I can get us a room up there, so I don't have to be up at 2 am Tuesday morning. Please pray we get on the flight on Tuesday. If not the next flight is the 24th, and we'll just stay up there. I still need to print off directions to Ramstein from here as well.

I'm exhuasted so I'm off to bed. Keep Chad in your prayers please.

God Bless

No comments: