Sunday, March 30, 2008

Jordyn's 10th birthday

                     

This was her last "birthday" picture (professional) taken. Her 2 yr old picture. It's hard to imagine a little girl that's locked in my mind and heart as forever 2, that today she'd be 10 yrs old. To think that 10 yrs ago I became a mother for the first time, she cried her first cries, took her first breath of air. I could never have imagined the beauty and wonder this child would and continues to bring to my life. 10 yrs is relatively a short time span when you look at the "average" life span...but when she only lived for 2 of those 10 years they seem to have gone on forever in ways. Sometimes I feel like it was just yesterday that I had her, then other times it seems like it was so long ago.

 

 

My heart is filled with joy. Today I had a message and I got to share Jordyn with the lady doing it for me. I shared my beautiful girl and her story and that although I miss her I know she's safe in the arms of Jesus, that her work on this earth was fulfilled in just 2 years 1 month and 8 days. How precious and amazing it is that she could do everything God had planned for her so quickly! What a miracle she was and always will be to us! To know that she was perfected in such a short time and to know that God's probably got a lot of imperfections to still work out of me, wow how humbling! He allowed ME, Christy, to bring such a precious, beautiful, amazing child into this world. He allowed HER to make ME a mother! He allowed her to show me how deep love is, and that in the end only love matters. In the end she left my arms for his. I NEVER have to worry about her. I know she's safe. I have such security and peace in that FACT! Most momma's don't have that for a lifetime. I don't and won't have it with my other blessings, but I have it with/for Jordyn.

 

 

God gave me this precious child 10 yrs ago today. I labored with her, in so many ways, but let me tell you my friends it was worth it. It was all worth it! To have had her for just those 2 years was more than I deserved and God allowed me to, I am by and far the luckiest mother in this world. I brought her into this world and I was allowed to hold her as she left it. Not a lot of Momma's have that. I held her tighter than I might have because of her chemo. I gave her to GOD in more ways than one, and I KNEW he had her and I was right! Tonight as March 30 ends and a new day begins I rejoice in the fact that for a moment in time God allowed me to mother this beautiful child. I'm forever grateful. I'm always humbled, and I feel so loved.

If you have a moment I ask that you go outside, look up towards Heaven and wish my baby girl a Happy 10th birthday.

Jordyn Ashleigh, I love you baby and I do miss you. Happy Birthday sweet girl.

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jordyn!  I bet she's having one terrific party up in heaven.  Sending you lots of hugs.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jordyn!  I'm sure they're having a party in heaven for her!

Kitty, Michigan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jordyn!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jordyn!! what a beautiful young girl you are; what an awesome mom you have! one day she and you will be reunited forever!!!

betty

Anonymous said...

happy birthday in heaven sweet angel...
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jordyn!  Christy I am heading outside right now.  Linda

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful girl she is! Happy birthday to Jordyn

Anonymous said...

goin outside to speak to her now...before i go to bed....

love you!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Look at ALL of that black hair........LOL! That's gorgeous!

Happy Birthday Jordyn!
Don't know how you do it Christie.....finding the strength.....well, I guess I do.......He gives it to you.....but it still blows my mind the peace you have.
Hope your day is a great one!

Angel

Anonymous said...

You speak with such grace Chrissy.  I am in awe of your strength.

God bless-
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday sweet Jordyn!
You give me such strength Christy when there are times I don't think I can handle it.
Beautiful entry!

Hugs,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

You entry filled me with a sense of peace.  What a beautiful tribute to your daughter and a great testimony of your love for our Lord!

Gillie

Anonymous said...

Every year, it breaks my heart to see the birthday tribute to little Jordyn, so I can imagine what writing it must do to you. Little darlings like her convince me that there really are such things as Angels in heaven watching over us.

God bless her, and may He comfort you as well.

Anonymous said...

I have often looked upon my children and wondered how God could have chosen me to be their mama.  Marveled at the magnitude and honor of it.  I thank and praise Him for this peace you have!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday sweetie!

Beautiful tribute Christy....Jordyn looks so much
like you in the pic of you two together...

Forgive me for not being around much lately...
my alerts have been down for 2 months now...
having to visit everyone one by one through my favs...
it takes me awhile...but i made it =)

Gonna catch up now..

Hugs
Terri