Saturday, March 22, 2008

He Has Risen!

 

I think I used this last year, but am too lazy to go look. I got reminded of it via Emily. The video is hard to watch, but I think our sinning is so much harder on our Lord, our Savior. Look at what he did for us. He went to Hell,Came back for 40 days, and Ascended into Heaven. I can tell you this, I do NOT deserve all that he went through. I'm a sinner, my heart can be ugly, dark, and just awful at times. Yet, he loves ME so much that he went through being beat, being nailed up onto a cross, and died for ME and for YOU my precious friends. If you do not have a personal relationship with Christ, I pray you will seek it. There is only ONE WAY into Heaven. It does NOT matter how many good works you do, they WILL NOT get you to the feet of Jesus. You MUST believe that Christ is our Lord.

 

 

It's so easy to get wrapped up in the commercialization of holiday's, Easter included. We do the Easter bunny (I'll be getting baskets ready here shortly actually), but our focus is and must  be on Christ, on his death, and most importantly on his RESURRECTION.

 

 

 

Tomorrow I will be teaching children's church. We are not doing the planned lesson, because I feel it's important to talk and teach about what this day is. I want our focus to be on Jesus and his promise he made and kept to us. We'll come home and dye eggs, have a little indoor hunt, and I'll make our dinner. I am going to print off some coloring pages for the boys and found some online games and activities that actually are about Jesus and the Resurrection, so the boys can do those while we're waiting to eat.

I pray you each feel Jesus and his blessings.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

None of us deserve what Christ did for us, but thank God for His Infinate Mercy!!  And Unmerited Grace!!!   Easter blessings to you all.  -  BArbara

Anonymous said...

Christy; isn't it neat we have the grace of the Lord? because like Barbara said, none of us (certainly not me) deserves it; so thankful Jesus left the glory of heaven to live among men who despised him and rejected him and then died for us so we could spend eternity with him. You are right; there is only one way and it is Jesus; so sad others continue to be deceived thinking all roads lead to heaven

May you and yours have a joyous Easter!

betty

Anonymous said...

I love this song Christy..............by His wounds we are healed..............Amen.  Linda