Monday, December 10, 2007

Teething, oh the joys

 

 

                  

 

Yes Miss Emma is getting teeth and oh it's not fun times in our home! Poor girl is in pain. I have some baby orajel that I put on her and that gave her temporary relief, but I'll be going and getting her some Hyland's Teething Tablets soon. She was so fussy this evening that her and I took a bath together. That definately relaxed her and she was such a happy girl while in the bath.

 

 

The teeth that are working their way through are her top ones, they are so swollen. Poor girl. I hope she's feeling better tomorrow. I need to call tomorrow or stop by the medical clinic tomorrow and see if I can get her, her 4 month well baby check up too. I keep forgetting to do that! I have some things to do for PWOC tomorrow too. I have a board meeting at 9:30 and then need to come home and make some phone calls for a Deployed Spouses Dinner I'm putting together and then email our head chaplain with info on ordering books for the gifts to the spouses. I have a couple ladies who said they'd help so I need to call them and get them on board too. Most of what I need to do though I don't need a lot of help with. Mostly it'll be setting up the evening of the dinner.

 

 

 

Well, I'm off to bed. For those of you in the midwest, you're in my thoughts with all this bad weather. I talked to my mom today and it hadn't hit them yet in Northeast Kansas, but was on it's way. Hopefully they don't lose their electricity. They have a fire place so they will stay warm, but still stinks to not have it. My brother and his wife have a wood burning stove, so they can stay warm and cook on top of it too. So...stay warm and safe!

 

 

                     

 

 

The pictures are of Emma that I tried to add to the last one. The ones of her sleeping are from last Monday when she turned 4 months old. Then her in her excersaucer for the first time, her and Jacob with St. Nikolas.(Jack refused to have his picture taken with St. Nikolas) Her swinging and her and I at the Christmas Market in Nuremburg, I was turning the Wishing Ring! :)

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how BIG Emma is getting!!  She is just SO cute...and so are the boys!  You sound like a very busy woman with alot going on.  It all sounds great though!!!

((hugs))
jeanne

Anonymous said...

Great photo's! I loved the one of Emma and her dad looking down at her so very cute and touching.
Thanks for the hug I needed it.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

love the pictures:) one thing that helped my kiddos when teething was a dill pickle lol but its cool and helps the gums have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

she cannot possibly be 4 months old already?!  oh my word!  And LOL Jack not wanting his picture taken!  Princess almost ALWAYS refused to have her picture taken with Santa....I see a stubborn boy in your future ;-)  >sniff<  I miss our exersaucer.  Well, sort of - I really, really don't miss teething and diapers and sleepless nights.  You know, not like I ever go to sleep anyway - but it's the principle of the thing.

Anonymous said...

Boy, do I remember the days of teething!  Good Luck.  A frozen bagel works wonders for teething.
Missie

Anonymous said...

wow teeth already..the time just flies by....
poor baby...
good luck mama!
Hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I used to wet and  freeze a face cloth or small towel for Ethan to chew on....
Becky

Anonymous said...

Oh I don't miss the days of teething!  Good luck! :)
Gillie

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Sorry about the teething troubles, but you know soon that little fussy face will be smiling with beautiful shiny teeth! The bath was a great idea, by the way :)

Anonymous said...

I hope poor little Emma is feeling better!  Linda

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics!!  Totally adorable!!!  Thanks for sharing those, you brought a smile to my face!!  God bless you and yours- you have such a beautiful family.

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Great pics!
I sure hope Emma feels better soon...wow getting teeth already...she is growing like a weed =)

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Teething are some terrible times for her and you both.  I know you'll find something to ease it soon.  She's a beautiful sweet baby and I know you are proud.  Thank you for the address too.  I got my cards all mailed out yesterday so hopefully you'll be receiving one from Georgia soon from your friend here in J-Land.

Wishing you the best Christmas ever!
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/

Anonymous said...

Poor baby teething...maybe they'll pop through for Christmas. I was gonna say hey I thought there were three kids. Awww.. your other son didn't want to take a picture. Loved the one of your hubby and the baby. I see daddy's girl. Look at how she's looking at him. So cute. I live in Kentucky and we got flurries one day and that's it for our snow.
Take care, Chrissie (DSD)