Welcome to the 2007 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!
You know the drill. Please Cut and Paste.
Don't be a Scrooge!!!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate of course, I'm all about chocolate and you couldn't PAY me to drink egg nog!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa only brings one gift and it's always unwrapped, everyone elses gifts are wrapped! This year Santa's bringing the boys one gift....a Cat! :)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored. I am not a fan of white lights
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, it's poison and don't want to take the chance it falling and one of my kids/babies eating it and getting sick or worse!
5. When do you put up your decorations?
Normally the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year we're running late. Tomorrow I'll be starting it!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Oh there's so many things! LOL turkey,homemade noodles, and chocolate pie!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Getting up really early and Opening presents
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I just figured it out on my own and I think I was probably 9 or 10...don't we all wish we could go back to being so innocent?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
One...the kids open up a new pair of PJ's and yes I know they will eventually catch on!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
We do colored lights, and a mish mash of ornaments..no themes. I'd love one day when we move back to the states and buy a home to get another tree and have a snowman tree with the main color being soft blue!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
12. Can you ice skate?
Not very good, but I can or should say used to be able to!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
As a child it was definately my Barbie Dream House, as an adult it'd be my locket that Chad and the kids got me a couple years ago!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Jesus, being with my family and teaching our children the REAL meaning behind Christmas!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Putting up our tree but it's a tie with making cookies with the kids!
17. What tops your tree?
We have an angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I have two...Mary Did You Know and Silent Night
20. Candy Canes?
One a year, my kids love them though
21. Doyou feel Christmas is too commercialized? Or Is it still magical for you?
It's rediculously commercialized, but having children and seeing them makes it so magical and definately reminds me of how it felt when I was a child! I love that!
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife.
The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.