Saturday, November 11, 2006

30 days of Thanksgiving Day 11

Today's Veteran's Day, so I hope you thank a Veteran or have.

Today is day 11 into my 30 days of Thanksgiving. Today I'm thankful for beauty of freedom, but not the type you're thinking. I'm talking about the freedom to just go when we want to go. We got up and ready and we went. It's nice to not be tied to a constant schedule. I have friends who are slaves to them and they're miserable. We have to be able to relax and just let go. I'm glad I'm not a slave to a schedule and that my husband when he can is not either! (He IS in the Army so there when he's working he kind of has to go to work or there's that little thing called AWOL we don't want to deal with). We're not what one would call free spirits, but we're not what one would call "uptight" either, we're in between.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I agree - freedom is nice.  Leene

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more.
Hugs,
Angel

Anonymous said...

Freedom takes many forms, and most of them are rather pleasant.  Thanking you and yours for your sacrifice along with the others.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful too for the same thing.  Especially since I homeschool, I can take time during the week to take my boy to the park or anywhere!  I'm grateful that I can homeschool, even when it gets financially hard- I'm still grateful!  I wanted to drop by though Christy, to say thank you to you and your husband, and all your friends- for the sacrifices you all have made.  Your Husband for protecting my freedoms, and you and your family for having to give up your loved one when duty calls.  You all are just as important to me!  Lots of God's Blessings to you all!  Thank you!!!  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one.  That is one of the huge blessings of homeschooling.  Although I feel like we probably "go" more than some families.
Traci