Friday, March 25, 2005

Sneaks up on you

The days in March always seem to sneak up on me. My friend, Kelly's son's birthday is on the 21st, then Jordyn's dx day is March 24.March 30 is Jordyn's birthday. Yesterday of course was Jordyn's anniversary. Six years. 6 yrs! How does the time keep passing me by? Where does it go? I can feel those feelings still. I can feel my life taking a dive into a world I knew existed, but never thoug ht I'd ever know anything about it personally. I long for those days of being naive. 

I find myself reacting first, praying later. I know for me I don't always realize that I'm being what others call "overly emotional". I don't know if that's really an accurate term, it's being real. It's being human. I know most do not truly understand these feelings, and I wouldn't want them to. I'm thankful for the friends I have who unfortunately get it. I wish they didn't, but because they do, I'm thankful we have each other.

Thank you to those who have been there for me. Kelly,
I know you read this and you have been here for me the longest as far as friends who "get it". I love you. I know March is hard for you too and neither of us look forward to May. You lift me up more than you ever know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((Christy))))  I know I don't tell you enough how much I love you!  I can't believe that Easter is in March this year?  Who thought of THAT brilliant idea?

Anonymous said...

(((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Laura

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you sweetie. Everything you feel is understanding. I hope and pray for you hun. Try to have a Happy Easter!!! Hugs, Katie

Anonymous said...

Christy, who cares if anyone thinks you are being over emotional. This is your baby girl we're talking about. You have every right to feel and react any way you need to or want to. However it comes out is OK. I am holding you and Chad so close in mind and heart, and lifting you up in prayer constantly as tomorrow draws closer. I cannot wait to see you, so I can finally hug you. Its gonna be a long one - to make up for all the joyful hugs, sorrowful hugs, and mournful hugs I have wanted to give you over the years. I love you, dear friend. - Stef