Saturday, March 5, 2005

Leaving

 

My friend Rebekah, http://bekahsbutterflies.blogspot.com/, she's moving in a few days. They've lived at the base for 7 yrs now. As she was describing the excitement and even the sadness that goes along with moving, I felt my chest get heavy, and tears were welling up in my eyes before I even knew what was happening. I have taken a few moments since she signed off to figure out why I felt SO emotional. I think I know why. They are the last of friends who we're still in regular contact still at Ft.Belvoir and they're leaving. They're a connection of Jordyn. Although they've moved to a different place from where they lived at when we were stationed there.

I'm so happy for them, because they deserve a fresh new start, and being at one post for so long, is really hard. Rebekah's been my dear friend for 7 yrs now, and if anyone deserved a move they do. I'm in awe of what God's done in their life and so excited to see where he leads them to next.

As much as my heart was in my throat, as I've been writing this (I got distracted for a while! :) ) I am so happy and excited for them on this next stop in their life.

I'm amazed at how something that's happening to someone else, can bring on emotions you don't expect. It's amazing though and I'm always in awe of emotions and how God shows us the light, always when we don't expect it! :)

God Bless

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww this is such a pretty entry. It's beautiful when you meet and find a friend that really touches your heart. Take care

HUGE HUGS,
Laura

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain girl...we said goodbye to the last of our friends here a few months ago. I know you have a deeper connection with the one of yours that is leaving...but I will agree is sucks when they leave. I always say...as far as our military moves go...it is easier to be the one leaving than to be the ones left behind. At least that is how I feel. Good luck, will keep you and them in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Christy.  I love you so much. And you and your family have such a huge part of my life.  I can't wait to see you again face to face.  


Bekah