Monday, June 5, 2006

My head is exploding

I woke up this morning, about 8 am and wanted nothing more than to escape back to sleep. I woke up to a migraine. I moved out to the couch, the boys put on Thomas the Train (Jack's new obsession) and BEGGED them to please, please, please be quiet for Mommy. So no walking this morning, no trip to Real, and I am not sure about the trip to the park. That may actually happen, though. I am making dinner for a woman in my bible study who just recently had a new baby. We try to bring them a weeks worth of meals once they're home with the baby, so they can focus on getting acquainted with that precious new little one and get some rest.

I will say I'm thankful the migraine hit me early this morning verses later today. I'm dealing with the aftermath of what I can only describe is that hangover feeling, but it's getting better. I can open my eyes, that's huge progress! I have yet to get dressed or showered though, and I have to do that in a few minutes. Jacob and I didn't get school work done this morning either.

 

Oh vent, vent!! One of my neighbors, the mom of a baby I was watching there for a while keeps calling me to watch him! I told her a while back that she needs to give me notice. For a while I was doing it last minute for her, but I just can't anymore. I will say she's persistent, but you know sometimes you have to put your foot down and not allow people to take advantage of you. I truly believes she thinks that because I'm a SAHM I should be at her service anytime she needs. I don't think asking for a weeks notice is asking too much? I guess it is partly my fault for watching him last minute for her time after time, but if she's adult enough to be in the Army, adult enough to have a child, she's adult enough to have consideration for other people.

Well I need to hop in the shower, get dressed and then start on dinner!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!  I hate migranes!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I had a total stranger ask me the other week if I baby sat ... I was so HECK NO, only nicer  LOL

I feel your pain, hun!  Migraine hangovers suck!

Lori


Who I am… underneath it all:  
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe

My Spiritual Journal:  
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal



Anonymous said...

SO sorry about he migrane. I hope it went away soon enough.

Sorry about your neighbor too. Totally understand where you're coming from though. It's unfair of her to ask you like that. Take care!

Laura

Anonymous said...

I had a tension headache last week.  Never have I had a headache hurt and have side effects like this one.  I feel your pain.  Hope yours is getting better.  
I don't blame you for asking her for notice.  I try not to take advantage of friends.  but usually I give plenty of notice and tell them they can say no.  I do have more than one friend and can ask another!  The only times I haven't are when I have been really sick.
Traci

Anonymous said...

oh man i hate migraines:( they hurt so bad hope it goes away and stays away:) have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

I have also had two or three bad headaches recently and they drive me nuts.  One was definitely a migraine.  I think it is the FL heat that does it to me everytime.  Hugs,
Lisa