Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Reba vs Dixie Chicks

I shared with Lori about what I'd read yesterday what Martie from The Dixie Chicks said about country music fans and Reba. Here's the link: Quote Of The Day - Dixie Chicks' Dump Fans Edition - Wizbang

 

Here's what she said:

"I'd rather have a smaller following of really cool people who get it, who will grow with us as we grow and are fans for life, than people that have us in their five-disc changer with Reba McEntire and Toby Keith. We don't want those kinds of fans. They limit what you can do."


Dixie Chick Martie Maguire in Time Magazine, still turning up their noses at country music fans, who deserted them in droves after the controversy surrounding lead singer Natalie Maines telling a a London audience in 2003, "Just so you know, we're ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas." Speaking of Maines; her one regret about the incident... apologizing. "I apologized for disrespecting the office of the President," says Maines. "But I don't feel that way anymore. I don't feel he is owed any respect whatsoever."

 

Very small group indeed of fans is what they will have no doubt. Some of the most  devoted fans you'll find are country music fans. They've now clearly burned their bridges and some bridges can't and just won't be rebuilt. What they may not realize is that it's not just country music fans and radio stations that will not play their music, it's Contemporary/Pop stations as well.

 

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Great minds think alike!  LOL

Yeah, sooner or later they will tick of the wrong people.

Lori

Who I am… underneath it all:  
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe

My Spiritual Journal:  
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal



Anonymous said...

Well, we Texans are known for our arrogance ...  ;)

Anonymous said...

oh gezzz you would have thought they would have learned the first time :( maybe we should send them to iran they would love them there:) idiots have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but sometimes you should just shut up, Natalie!
Traci

Anonymous said...

"We don't want those kind of fans"...hmmm...
Well how's about no fans at all Miss Natalie...UGH!
She never will learn to keep her piehole shut will she...
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Evidentally, THAT Dixie Chick has been ON THE ROAD too long and needs to go home for a nice loooong rest, and I think she's going to get it!!!  

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you'll come by or visit my other journals.  I also do a daily fun and silly inspiring EMAIL.  If interested, just write me at:  cyndygee

Have a great day!!!
                         Cyn

Anonymous said...

From here on they shall ever be crowned the Dixie Dumbos.  :)   And *I'm* ashamed their from Dixie !!
~Meg
http://journals.aol.com/inquestoftruth/InQuestOf/

Anonymous said...

I'm very disoponted in the Dixie Chicks. They were a talented group of women. How they get so dumb?
Terrie

Anonymous said...

I respected the Dixie Chicks long ago, ut them Natalie started running her mouth. Ok, she dissed the president. But when she starts messing with Reba and Toby, thts when I got really mad. Both of them have enough money to buy her. They are both great, successful people with thier own record companies.