Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sleepless in Germany

I got 30 minutes of sleep last night, well Wed morning actually. I fell asleep at 7 and was back awake by 7:30, then up and at it by 8 am to get ready for bible study. Since I couldn't sleep last night I had the boys books all ready to take to PWOC so while they were in the homeschool room they could get their school work done.

I'm so tired now, I did take a 2 hour nap this afternoon. I needed the sleep but when I woke up I was in a terrible mood. We pretty well had to rush and head out of Jack's soccer scrimmage and Jacob's practice. In between those I left Jacob with his coach and a friend of mine and ran to the commissary and grabbed a few NECESSARIES (diapers, something for dinner since I didn't set anything out and had no clue what I was going to make from what was here). His coach made their practice short since it kept raining off and on, which was nice.

Of course here it is now 1:30 AM and I am still awake. I took a nice long hot shower hoping it would make me tired, it woke me up for some rediculous reason. Please pray that I can sleep.

On good news, Chad is back at his post there in Iraq ( he goes out constantly). He got on his computer in his room (he took his laptop), but eventually he got knocked off and wouldn't come back up for him so he called me and we talked for 25 minutes. It was so good for my heart to hear his voice. I told him about B leaving and he's sad for me and just for us as a family. He's good friends with her husband and he knows how close the kids all are and he's worried and sad for us. He should be staying in for a few days and is praying he's able to get a slot for the VTC that's on Saturday (Video Teleconferncing). So pray that he gets a slot so we can talk and see him!

Well, I'm going to TRY to get some sleep. We have school work in the morning and then at lunch time we have a plan to go bowling with other homeschool families, which will be fun.

Oh not sure if I wrote this or not, but Emma's walking now too. She isn't the most stable yet, but she's finding that she's like this mode of "transportation" more and more, so before long I'm going to have an official "toddler, toddling around", oh how fast the time goes.

 

No comments: