Monday, July 10, 2006

Some Gave All

 

July 8 our BN lost 3 soldiers and another one has been seriously injured and is on life support. Please in prayers for these soldiers families and those who knew and loved them. I did not know them, well my husband says I bet he knows one of them, but I don't recall. Chad's dealing with this the best he can. He said it brings back memories, and he's struggling right now missing our friend Sean, who was killed his first time in Iraq, 2 1/2 yrs ago.

Please pray for these soldiers. They have to continue with missions, etc no matter what happens. Now don't think the Army is being cruel and just sending them back off to war without reaching out to help them. They will be having a memorial service at their camp on Wednesday (the memorial service here is also on Wednesday). They have councelors, social workers, psychiatrists, and chaplains down there as well as "open door policy" with their 1st Sgt and I believe their commander to talk to who ever they are comfortable talking with and being able to talk about their feelings). Yet with all that outreach, the job must continue, the mission must go on.

One of my greatest fears is losing my husband I do not want to know that pain.

Tonight at our FRG meeting one of the wives said "I feel so sad for these families, yet relief and happy for myself because I know my husband is alright at least for right now". I think every spouse in there shook their head in agreement. I do ache for the wives who's husband's now dead, yet I'm so thankful that MINE is alive and doing ok. It's a jagged road we walk on sometimes.

 

Well, I'm off to bed. We have school work to do tomorrow, I have lots of laundry, as well as getting some food ordered for the memorial service on Wednesday.

 

God Bless

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is so sad when that happens praying for all of our soldiers over in harms way

Deb

Anonymous said...

It must be awful for soldiers to "keep going" once one has fallen.  

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you Christy... such a sad and tragic time...May your faith give you comfort..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Blessings and comfort to you!  I know that it is getting pretty intense in Iraq.  I pray for his safe return.  Is he due back in October?  Seems too far and yet it will pass somewhat quickly.  
Traci

Anonymous said...

Christy; their families will be in my prayers. I think the thoughts you and the other wives have are probably "normal" if thoughts like this could be considered normal. I would imagine at times like this everyone comes together to help out the best they can however they can. Just remember that the Lord has His hand over Chad, you and your precious boys. He knows what you are going through and he won't abandon you. Trust in His promises.

betty